But who said life was easy? Who says you will be self assured and confident in your 40’s and beyond? It doesn’t just happen. It requires flexing those confident muscles daily.
You have to go on a journey of self reflection and improvement. It involves being totally honest with yourself. It’s not been an easy journey for me but as I approach my 48th birthday in a few weeks, I believe I am getting closer to self actualization.
- · Being the best version of self
- · Accepting who you are with all your strengths and weaknesses
- · Developing strong resilience to life challenges
- · Not taking the actions of others so personally
- · Being comfortable in your own skin
- · Taking responsibility for your life
- · Not blaming anyone for your circumstances
- · Finding purpose in your life
- · Finding purpose beyond your immediate self
- · Enjoying your life now
- · Loving yourself just as you are
- · Loving others and their short comings unconditionally – if you love others with conditions, you will always be disappointed
- · Growing daily in wisdom
- · Embracing growth and learning
- · Confidence in your God given abilities
- · Dancing like no one is watching – P.S Ive been doing that all my life (she smiles)
- · Being grateful and appreciating every part of your life journey.